Exposure to noise is the most common cause of sensorineural hearing loss. Noise damages the delicate hair cells in the cochlea and other parts of the ears. Unfortunately, this damage is not reversible, and the hearing loss is permanent. Fortunately, hearing loss from noise exposure is entirely preventable with the proper hearing protection devices. Trust Modern Audiology to expertly fit custom hearing protection for the most comfortable and effective protection available.
Custom earmolds and earplugs
Custom hearing protection comes in the form of custom earmolds and custom earplugs. Both are made from a cast taken of your ear. Because every ear and ear canal is shaped differently, stock and standard hearing protection devices may not fit perfectly for the highest level of protection. Your ears are unique; your hearing protection should be unique too. Modern Audiology takes the same care in expertly fitting custom hearing protection as they do fitting hearing aids.
These are worn in the shell of the ear, outside the ear canal. They are made of either a solid material or a soft or spongy material. The type of earmold you wear depends on your individual hearing protection needs. Some earmolds have an attenuator. This allows low levels of noise, such as from conversation at a normal level, to be heard while blocking damaging levels of decibels.
These are worn completely in the canal. They are custom made specifically for your ear canals, which makes them more comfortable and effective than over the counter earplugs. Small handles or cords make inserting and removing these devices easy. In addition to noise protection, earplugs can be worn for protection from water, wind and to provide a quiet sleeping environment.
Hearing protection models
Custom hearing protection is designed for use on the job or during leisure activities. The model you wear depends on the type of protection you need.
- Watersports models for swim and surf: Keep water and wind from entering the ear but allow the wearer to hear the conversation still. These models are made of floatable material.
- Motorsports models: Fit comfortably under your helmet and protection against the sound of motor engines and wind buffeting.
- Models for music lovers: Fit on earbuds or button style earphones and concert goers and those who work in bars, concert halls, and nightclubs will benefit from models that reduce decibel levels without distorting sound.
- Hunters: Can choose from electronic and non-electronic models. Some amplify background noises while blocking the sound of gunfire, and others have attenuators that allow you to hear voices while protecting against firearm noise.
- Occupational models: Are designed to protect in accordance with OSHA requirements and provide safe and comfortable long-wearing protection.
Hearing Protection Products We Offer:
Hunting, shooting and sudden noise. A filter instantaneously closes when damaging noise levels are reached. Allows essentially normal hearing at all other times.
Ideal for performing musicians and concert-goers. Also great for flight attendants, bartenders, waiters, dental professionals. Allows wearer to hear sounds accurately, but at reduced levels. Three filter options available: 9dB, 15dB or 25dB.
For swimming and showering – and they FLOAT! Also provide superb noise reduction.
Offers comfortable and uninterrupted rest. Also great for shift workers with non-traditional hours.
Designed with a hollow canal for under helmet use to reduce wind buffeting.
Designed to prevent surfer’s ear and swimmer’s ear caused by exposure to cold water and wind. The floatable material is molded with a sealed membrane spanning the sound bore that keeps cold water and air out of the ear canal, but allows for conversation and hearing while in the ear.
Ideal for high-noise industrial environments.
For use with any bud/button style earphones.
Amplification for situational awareness, as well as noise attenuation when you pull the trigger.
Offers two modes, game, which is optimized for intermittent shots, and clay mode, which is optimized for continued shots.
Offers standard digital features and provides protection in windy environments.